Do you want to find a house you love, but don’t want to pay Atlanta prices? Here are seven reasons to live in what Niche has rated as the sixth best suburb in Georgia. With semi-suburbs like Smyrna experiencing increasing popularity with well-educated millennials who want to be close – but not in – the city, it’s time to take a closer look. I have sold many homes in Smyrna, and am a huge fan. Give me a call if you want to find a house you love or expertly market the one you have.
Your Commute Will Be Manageable
Unless you work in Norcross or Stone Mountain, your commute will be easy. Here are driving distances from Smyrna Market Village.
Affordability and Variety of Housing
Whether you are looking for a condo, townhouse or a single family home with a yard, you can find many affordable options in Smyrna. Compare the median sales prices of a 3-bedroom home in Buckhead versus Smyrna.
Smyrna is fortunate to have many established neighborhoods with mature trees and strong neighborhood associations.
Some of my favorites are:
Shopping, Restaurants and Entertainment
- McIntyre’s Bakery – everyone’s favorite old school and small town bakery.
- The Bird and the Bee – where you can upcycle your old pieces of furniture for a fresh new look
- Modify Atlanta – award-winning design build services and a boutique for art, accessories, jewelry and live floral arrangements.
- Local favorite dining spots: Muss and Turner’s and Porchlight Latin Kitchen
- Restaurants and entertainment venues at The Battery Atlanta
Efficient City Government
Photo Courtesy of City of Smyrna
The City of Smyrna has a forward-thinking city council, planning commission and economic development department, and is very proactive in planning for the city’s controlled growth. With a population size of 56,000, individuals can have a say in their government. Smyrna’s Facebook page keeps residents up to date on important events.
Smyrna is Becoming Bike Friendly
The Silver Comet Trail begins in Smyrna and travels 60 miles to the Alabama border. The Bob Callahan Trail will connect to the Silver Comet and Kennesaw Mountain trails. Some Smyrna residents will even be able to bike to Braves games.
Did you know that Smyrna has a bike share program? Through a joint venture between the City of Smyrna and Zagster you can now rent a bike, get a little exercise and avoid traffic.
Community Gathering Opportunities: Farmers Market, Food Truck Tuesdays, and the Smyrna Community Garden
- The Smyrna Farmers Market is held on Saturdays, May through September adjacent to the Smyrna Market Village.
- Fabulous Food Truck Tuesdays are held in Taylor-Brawner Park May-September.
- The Smyrna Community Garden is a way to grow your own produce and connect with your neighbors. The garden was awarded Best Community Garden in Atlanta Home Improvement’s “Best of 2016”.