Buyers want perfect, and we all know it’s better to clean as you go rather than let clutter and dirt accumulate to create a chaotic environment. Everyone functions better in an orderly home. Here is a clean house routine to adopt,especially if you are considering marketing your house soon.
- Leave your shoes at the door. Think about it; do you want particles from the Publix parking lot on your floors?
- Make your bed everyday.
- Squeegee and wipe down the shower walls to minimize soap scum and moisture build up.
- Wipe down the bathroom sink and counter top with a wipe either before bed.
- Wipe down your kitchen counters and sink after dinner.
- Before bed have everyone in your family grab their clutter and put it in the proper place as they go to their rooms.
- Before bed, throw all of your dirty clothes in the hamper and put your clean clothes away.
- Swifter the kitchen, entry and main living space floors every other day.
- Empty the dishwasher before breakfast.
- Throw in a load of laundry before you go to bed so you can dry it in the morning.
- Take the trash out daily.
- Open a few windows to let in some fresh air daily.
Thinking of listing your home? Begin preparing your house for the market now by ridding your home of clutter and then ruthlessly clean it. Pinterest followers can check out my Pinterest page on cleaning tips.