Summer showers are a great time to observe how the water flows off the roof of your house, and where it accumulates once it reaches the ground.
- Make sure the gutters are tightly fastened, and that they are securely connected to the downspouts.
- Look for signs of clogged gutters and have them cleaned if necessary.
- Is the water accumulating at least five feet away from your house? Any closer will cause moisture to accumulate around the foundation, crawl space or basement.
- Give your basement the smell test to sense if there is any moisture.
- I recommend having a dehumidifier running in your basement-this is the humid south, and it’s the enemy once it enters our house.
- Look for signs of water entry in your basement or crawl space.
Need any recommendations for gutter cleaning or waterproofing companies? Contact me for trusted names.