As if all of the preparation of getting your house ready to put on the market isn’t enough turmoil. Here’s a list of what not to cook while it’s on the market:
- Fatty, fried foods, especially bacon
- Cruciferous vegetables are healthy, but eat them outside your home because cooking them leaves a very stinky smell. These would include: broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and cauliflower.
- Fish, eggs, or organ meats
- Curry or other exotic spices or sauces
- No crock pot cooking. This is not the time to be focused on your own convenience.
- Takeout food with a stong odor-face it, most of it does
- Microwave popcorn, or any popcorn for that matter
Take out the trash often and especially before your house is being shown. Meat wrappers decay and begin to smell quickly and fast food wrappers need to go quickly.
Well, that pretty much leaves home seller with a raw diet or eating out. Either way, you’ll know it was worth it when your house sells.